NRA Product Safety Committee
The NRA Product Safety Committee (NRA-PSC) brings together quality assurance and product compliance specialists from multiple retail categories to discuss challenges and solutions in terms of product safety and compliance.
About the Committee
The Committee aims to:
- promote responsible retailing through cohesive cooperation;
- convey the concerns, challenges and solutions of the retail sector in terms of product safety and standards;
- actively contribute to regulatory, industry & standard reviews;
- actively participate in the development of industry best practice and codes;
- communicate on behalf of the industry with government decision-makers and enforcement agencies, such as Standards Australia, ACCC, Offices of Fair Trading and Consumer Affairs, the National Measurement Institute, and many more.
- Sourcing face masks for retail team members – industry tips article prepared and distributed via EDM to the entire NRA database as well as our Victorian Shopping Centre contacts highlighting the work of the NRA-PSC. The document was quoted by an external media outlet – www.applianceretailer.com.au/face-masks-condition-of-entry-at-major-retailers/.
- Suppliers guide to furniture and TV tip-over prevention
- Initial and Second Revision of the Children’s Apparel Product Safety Guide
- ACCC Review of the information standards – Cosmetic ingredient labelling and Care Instructions
- ACCC Button Battery Assessment of Regulatory Options
- ACCC Infant Sleep products consultation
- Treasury consultation on mandatory standards policy
- 2021 ACCC Priorities
- Voluntary guidelines for Product Safety – NRA, INPAA & ACCORD joint letter and discussion paper
Committee members include quality assurance and product compliance specialist across many categories of Australian retail, including:
Department Stores | Groceries | Furniture | Fashion | Auto | Hardware | Discount Variety Stores
This group provides an opportunity for retailers to:
- Keep up to date with changes in the technical standards applying to your products
- Learn from your peers in other Australian retail chains and stores about practical problems and solutions
- Contribute to and formulate national policy and standards as a Standards Australia nominating committee
- Engage in the dialogue between the retail sector and government and regulators about the issues concerning your business, such as product recalls and injury reporting
- Attend presentations on topical issues from guest speakers from industry, regulators and suppliers
- Network with other product safety professionals and specialists in your field of expertise
Explore Committee Topics
Contact our team
If you are interested in becoming a Committee Member please contact David Stout at email@example.com for details.