Nominations for the 2017 Queensland Training Awards are now open.
The Queensland Training Awards are a great opportunity for Queensland-based retailers to showcase our industry’s learning and development programs and commitment to developing the skills of our staff. Also, nominating staff is an excellent way to reward any workers who have achieved success through participating in training programs.
The awards open doors for individual category winners and provide employers and organisations with recognition for their business and staff, as well as the chance to promote themselves in their local community as an organisation of choice.
There are 14 award categories encompassing all areas of the training sector. The individual and employer categories below are initially contested at the regional level and the training provider and collaboration awards are contested at state level. The categories include:
- Harry Hauenschild Apprentice of the Year
- Bob Marshman Trainee of the Year
- Vocational Student of the Year
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year*
- School-based Apprentice or Trainee of the Year
- VET Teacher or Trainer of the Year
- Equity Vocational Student of the Year
- Large Training Provider of the Year (state only)
- Small Training Provider of the Year (state only)
- Community Training Initiative of the Year
- Large Employer of the Year
- Medium Employer of the Year
- Small Employer of the Year
- Premier’s Industry Collaboration Award (state only)
*If you identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and nominate for any of the above individual categories, except for teh VET Teacher or Trainer of the Year or the Equity VET Student of the Year, you are automatically entered into the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year Award.
Nominations close 31 March 2017.
More information: Visit the Queensland Training Awards website to learn more or nominate.