Victoria Hansen, Industry Workforce Advisor for the retail and personal services sectors has worked with over 50 Queensland small businesses to improve their workforce planning skills and develop workforce plans. These businesses, with the support of the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training and the Workforce Connect Fund have each secured up to $5,000 in grants to support attraction, retention, training and other HR solutions geared to help small businesses manage their most important asset, their people.
Funding is available to small businesses (under 20 employees) with an immediate need for new and innovative human resources (HR) solutions to support their business. Through the Workforce Connect Fund, up to $5,000.00 is available for a HR Support Grant (subject to funding availability). Industry Workforce Advisors are helping employers across Queensland to develop a workforce plan, identify workforce solutions and connect with relevant government programs, support, and funding.
The Industry Workforce Advisor Program provides free, customised service and support to Queensland businesses with under 200 staff with one-on-one support including:
- Tailored assistance to small and medium retail and personal service businesses, enabling them to address workforce challenges.
- Utilising Jobs Queensland Workforce Planning Connect resources to develop a workforce plan.
- Connecting employers with available funding, support and resources from Queensland Government programs, grants & initiatives.
With the assistance of an Industry Workforce Advisor and a tailored workforce plan, businesses grain access to:
- Strategies to attract and retain a diverse, skilled workforce;
- Applicable funding, subsidies and grant opportunities;
- Support services for critical workforce planning; and
- Industry and government programs.
You can contact the Industry Workforce Advisor for Retail and Personal Services, Victoria Hansen, on 0403 467 859 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org today for a discussion!
For other industries, head to the Business Queensland website to find your Industry Workforce Advisor.
The Industry Workforce Advisor program is funded by the Queensland Government as part of the Good people. Good jobs: Queensland Workforce Strategy 2022–2032.