- Venues including hospitality venues, places of worship and corporate event venues (fully seated with no singing or dancing) will be subject to the 1 person per 4sqm rule.
- Smaller hospitality venues will be allowed at least 25 people.
- Masks will be recommended but no longer compulsory at retail shopping venues.
- Masks will remain compulsory for front-of-house hospitality staff, on public transport, in places of worship, hairdressers, beauticians and gaming rooms.
- Aged care facilities and other health settings such as hospitals will receive tailored advice from NSW Health specific to their locations in relation to requirements around mask wearing.
It is anticipated that all settings requiring the 4sqm rule will revert to the 1 person per 2sqm rule in two weeks’ time if current trends continue, subject to expert health advice.
Once the 1 person per 2sqm rule applies, it is anticipated fines will increase to reduce the risk of super spreading events.
Should any NRA members have any questions surrounding the restrictions, please phone 1800 RETAIL (738 245).