Retail is an industry where a lot of talented people possess a wealth of experience and knowledge, but have no formal qualification. In fact, less than one third of the retail workforce holds a Certificate III or higher – the lowest average level of qualifications of any industry in Australia.
The Queensland Government is funding Queenslanders who do not have a Certificate III qualification or higher, to help them gain one. This initiative is called the Certificate III Guarantee, and it means that eligible participants can pay almost nothing to gain a Certificate III in Retail Operations*.
The National Retail Association (NRA) are currently working with many retail workers who are looking to have their experience recognised and converted into full qualifications.
How does it work?
- We customise the process with each individual to suit your needs, but in general the 4 steps to qualification are:
- Meet with an NRA trainer to discuss your retail experience and any other learning you have undertaken.
- Provide your resume and any certified copies of previous training (accredited or on-the-job training).
- Our NRA trainers analyse your past experience and training, assess what you can gain credits for, and what’s left to complete your full qualification.
- Our trainers customise a training program to suit your needs, and then help you throughout the process of completing your qualification. You don’t even need to
attend classes, as modules are completed individually.
Qualifications can help get you great jobs as they show potential employers:
- your experience and what you can do
- the transferable skills you possess, regardless of the specific type of retail you worked in last
- your work ethic and dedication to the profession
- your ability to take on a new role or promotion.
What do I need to do?
If you don’t have a qualification of Cert III or higher, and would like to take advantage of this opportunity, call us on 1800 732 066.